Company: Pathlight Group
Posted on: April 8, 2021
- Family Services / Specialized Home Care-Pittsfield
- $60,819.20 to $70,550.27
- Full Time Pathlight (formerly known as The Association For
Community Living) has been supporting and empowering individuals
with developmental and intellectual disabilities (and their
families) in Western Massachusetts since 1952. DIVISION:-- Family
Services TITLE: Program Director GRADE:-- 15 Exempt
LOCATION:--Pittsfield Summary of Position: Responsible for current
program management and assisting in longer term program development
including: identification, and recommendations to senior management
of future program growth and direction; providing leadership,
supervision, development, quality and growth of assigned program or
areas; prepare and manage assigned budgets, participate in or
conduct contract negotiations, and perform other administrative
duties necessary to achieve program(s) or area(s) goals and
objectives within the Pathlight, division, external agencies, and
assigned program(s) policies, regulations and procedures. Program
Director is the line management position below Division
Management/Senior Management with overall program as well as
administrative responsibilities. The position typically requires an
advanced academic degree suited to the assigned program(s). Program
management requires the ability to interpret situations/issues
within program policies and independently make decisions necessary
to ensure and/or further program leadership, services, and quality.
Position is responsible for program results and supervision of
associates carrying out program objectives and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for ensuring the coordination and monitoring of
delivery of services to individuals/families/care providers served
to ensure conformity to funding agencies regulations, internal
policies, procedures and quality standards, and to applicable
- Oversee, conduct, or participate in or receive needs
assessments of those supported and ensure that needs and
capabilities are incorporated into service plans; monitor services
to ensure that service plans objectives are being carried out;
recommend changes or take corrective action as appropriate. Ensure
the coordination of major clinical, medical or significant issues
for those supported.
- Responsible for the completion and retention of records, files,
documents and reports necessary to operations.
- Act as prime contact and/or liaison with external business
contacts and/or support sources, funding sources, community based
supports and others as indicated on behalf of clients and program
- Ensure scheduling and staffing according to master schedule
staffing pattern or as required for internal personnel and/or
externally overseen care providers. Responsible for the development
of work teams providing supervision of support staff/external care
providers as to Pathlight and program policies and procedures.
Recruit and hire staff; train or ensure training of
associates/external care providers as appropriate. Participate
and/or lead cross agency teams/initiatives. Confer with supervisor
and Human Resources, as appropriate, regarding significant
- Participate in longer term planning and development for program
and division as well as administrative work necessary to program.
Prepare and/or participate in budget development and other
administrative duties internally and/or externally as necessary for
- Write and/or prepare grant proposals for program services/new
referrals. Administer activities and budget of awarded
grants/contracts. Identify new funding resources and
- Supervise line and office personnel. Establish goals and
objectives for those supervised; evaluate performance and take
corrective actions within Pathlight and Divisional policies and
- Coordinate effectively with Nurses and other Clinical Team
Members in the provision of services to program members.
- Emergency on call responsibilities: provide scheduled emergency
on-call support as part of the on-call system, which may include
direct support to individuals served, if necessary.
- Contact/Communicate with supervisor or others in more unusual,
difficult, or complex situations to obtain direction and/or
- Responsible for adhering to regulatory standards as approved
CORI Authorizers. Perform other similar duties as responsibilities
necessitate or as directed by supervision. Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of a professional discipline such as social
sciences, human services, business administration. Master's Degree
as required by funding source.
- Over 5 years and up to and including 7 years of progressive
- Working knowledge of computer systems, programs, and
- Requires valid driver's license and reliable
- Eligible for State Licensure. Skills and Abilities Required:
- Wide variety of difficult work on assigned program(s)
presenting new or changing situations where duties require broad
conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with situations
and complex factors not easily evaluated.
- Duties to ensure service plans' objectives are carried out;
liaison with external sources; to manage internal or external
support providers and similar duties require considerable judgment
to work toward overall objectives, and to make decisions based on
conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Contacts with others within or outside the organization
implementing policies and program requiring negotiation, a high
degree of diplomacy, and the ability to deal with and influence
persons in all types of positions.
- Works with confidential data such as proprietary program
information and future program goals and objectives which if
disclosed inadvertently may be detrimental to organization's
interests. Mental Attention or Visual Demand: Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and peripheral vision; reading of written, printed, or
computer screen data. In addition, the ability to:
- Fully focus and concentrate on the task at hand.
- Maintain a calm, composed manner.
- Work with unexpected disruptions.
- Actively listen and communicate clearly with staff and others.
Working Conditions The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those of an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions. Usual office working conditions
most of the time. Frequent exposure to site conditions and some
noise; frequent exposure to weather during travel. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. Physical Demands The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Rarely lifting/transferring person with or without assistance
of co-worker with or without mechanical lift
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to or greater than 25
- Occasionally twisting, bending, squatting with full use of
- Occasional stooping, kneeling
- Frequently Reaching above shoulder level
- Continual standing and sitting throughout shift
- Frequently driving personal vehicle and/or rarely company van
- Reports to Family Services AVP -- Pathlight has demonstrated a
commitment to issues of diversity. We welcome all applicants. EOE
equal opportunity employer. Apply Now * Fields Are Required What is
your full name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone
Number Number Type What is your preferred method of
Keywords: Pathlight Group, Pittsfield , Program Director, Executive , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!