Medical Records Keeper
Company: Brien Center for Mental Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Weekdays, 1st shift!General DescriptionResponsible for
maintaining the security of confidential patient information, while
maintaining organization of an integrated-chart system including
the filing, copying and distribution of records. The Medical
Records Keeper also assists with general clerical duties.Essential
- Maintain clinical records - filing, tracking required
paperwork, and closing charts.
- Pull charts upon request of the clinical and medical staff as
- Scanning and attaching of documents to correct records in
iCentrix (EMR) or other records systems. Respond to releases for
information including social security disability request. Under
supervisor's direction, photocopy and mail.
- Respond to staff's requests for record information and
- Travel to site of closed charts to retrieve and return closed
- Perform financial receptionist duties as needed daily.
- Cross train in the major duties of the front desk and provide
coverage, as necessary.
- Provide support coverage at other outpatient sites. Coverage
may be planned or in response to episodic coverage needs
- Provide coverage in the absence of front desk staff.
- Close office and copy room as scheduled.Other Responsibilities
- Represent the agency in a professional manner in all community
- HS Diploma/GED Required; 2 year degree preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks, prioritizing
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Ability to negotiate requests from a variety of agency
- Preference will be given to eligible candidates with practical
experience performing the above function.
- Flexibility and effective communication skills.
- Prior practical experience responding to medical records
releases in either a medical or similar setting.
- Valid drivers license and the ability to travel to retrieve
records and support other outpatient programs, as necessarySkills
- Excellent telephone reception skills
- Strong computer skills
- Data entry skills, preferably in medical accounts
Keywords: Brien Center for Mental Health, Pittsfield , Medical Records Keeper, Healthcare , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!