Human Resources Generalist
Company: Spectrum Plastics Group Inc
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Job PurposeTo serve as the primary contact for employees and to
provide HR support in areas including recruitment, orientation,
employee benefit administration, personnel file maintenance,
policies and procedures interpretation, training, on-boarding, and
HRIS data entry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain current and former employee files in accordance with
Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Assist with company benefits administration including data
entry, claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating
benefit information to employees.
- Recruit both exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Administer employee orientation, development, and
- Perform data entry related to HRIS. Maintain and update with
personnel information, scan personnel documents into the system,
and enter new hire and employee status changes.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist employees with interpretation of company policies and
- Assist with employee relations and investigations as
- Develop and update job descriptions as needed.
- Respond to unemployment requests and attend hearings as
- Responsible for administering workers' compensation claims and
coordinating RTW w/employee.
- Responsible for maintaining Affirmative Action and OSHA 300
- Assist supervisors/managers in preparing disciplinary
- Coordinate required offsite/onsite training.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling
questions and helping to resolve work-related problems.
- Explore opportunities to add employee value and satisfaction,
including but not limited to employee recognition, birthday
announcements and wellness committee activities.
- Responsible for company activities (i.e., holiday meals,
retirement and recognition events, etc.).
- Complete special assignments by clarifying project objective;
setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing
and organizing information.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
- Oversee and monitor safety awareness by participating in the
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, Industrial and Labor
Relations, or a related discipline
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in Human Resources
- Thorough knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment
- Demonstrated integrity, honesty and ability to handle
confidential information appropriately
- Human Resources management experience within a multi-site
manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong leadership and management experience with a demonstrated
ability to lead people and get results through others
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a business partner with
senior leadership teams
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be hands-on person proficient at communicating with all
levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral)
- Strong proficiency in PC-based Windows applications,
particularly HRIS, word processing and fundamental understanding of
network applicationsPhysical Demands
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and move about the
- Occasionally required to bend and stoop
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to climb up and down stairsBenefits
- 9 paid holidays
- Performance bonus
- Vacation and personal time
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life, STD and LTD paid by Spectrum Plastics
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year
- Great 401(k) match
- $800 referral bonus!
Keywords: Spectrum Plastics Group Inc, Pittsfield , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!