Personal Care Line Homemaker
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
Associated Home Care, an Amedisys company, is the leading provider
of personal home care in the state of Massachusetts in addition to
its service areas around Jacksonville, Florida and Knoxville,
Tennessee. From companionship to around-the-clock in-home care, our
customized services are designed to bring peace of mind to
individuals needing extra care for their families. Customizing care
to each client's need is an important part of the service plan and
can always be adjusted as needs change.
Our specially trained nurses and caregivers are available from one
to 24 hours a day, seven days a week. After an initial assessment
over the phone or in person, our nurse will personally visit with
the client and family members to discuss the most beneficial and
As a personal care team member, you'll be a true advocate engaging
clients throughout their coordinated daily living activities, all
while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
The homemaker assists clients with household tasks in accordance
with relevant local, state and federal agencies and with a care
plan developed by an appropriate supervisor. The homemaker supports
and encourages clients in self-help and optimal level of
independence or participation in activities of daily living and
home management as related to comfort, care, and safety of a client
in the home.
- Plans, prepares, and serves meals according to dietary
- Runs errands for the client, including shopping for food and
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for client by performing
- Engages in stimulating conversation and activities.
- Communicates and reports any changes or concerns regarding
clients in a timely manner.
- Cooperates with all other caregivers to deliver excellent care
to clients and participates in multi-disciplinary care
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Flexible, sensitive to the needs of others, reliable, and able
to cope with emergencies.
- Successful completion of the 40-hour Council for Home Care
Aide, Homemaker Service Training Program within 6 months of hire or
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
PRN Employee Benefits Include:
Employees working on average of 30 hours or more per week during
the first 60 days of employment will be eligible to enroll in the
health insurance plan the first day of the month following date of
hire or status change.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Sick Time (MA Only)
- Employee Assistance Program
Part-Time Employees receive the same benefits as PRN Employees
- Health and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
Keywords: Amedisys, Pittsfield , Personal Care Line Homemaker, Other , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!