Crisis Clinicians - Acute Services/ESP
Company: Brien Center for Mental Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Full and Part-Time, as well as Per-Diem - all shifts
To provide crisis intervention, consultation and level of care
evaluations to all individuals and providers seeking services.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow and adhere to the policies and procedures of the Acute
Care Division and the Brien Center.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards.
- Represent the Brien Center in a professional manner in all
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Brien Centers mission and
community mental health principles.
- Flexibly respond to program needs.
- Work cooperatively with other staff and team members.
Clinical Duties/Patient Care:
- Treat patients and referral sources in a respectful and caring
- Answer the phones and assist with triaging crisis calls and
- Provide a complete diagnostic assessment to include risk
assessment, differential diagnosis, and level of care
- Provide specialized assessment and intervention to children and
- Manage crisis situations and other crises as assigned.
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate with Brien Center
Colleagues, and other service organizations such as DMH, DSS, etc
in the community.
- Provide clinical consultation and supportive services to
patients in the clinics, hospital, schools or other places within
- Provide case management and follow up services for patients
evaluated by the Crisis Service as needed.
- Obtain authorization, utilization review, and collaborate with
insurance companies as needed and/ or appropriate.
- Make referrals to guide the admission process to hospital,
respite, detox, and outpatient levels of care.
- Assess patients who are referred from higher levels of care for
appropriateness for Pomeroy admissions and to re-assess these
patients on weekends and other times when the Adult CSU Coordinator
- Maintain clear and legible client records and complete
documentation in a timely manner.
- Submit SALs and documentation at the end of each shift.
- Attend and participate in clinical supervision: at least on a
- Attend staff meetings and agency trainings as scheduled.
- Attend provider meetings and case supervision with direct
care/community providers as directed or assigned by the Program or
- Provide clinical supervision and training to new employees as
directed or assigned by the Program or Division Director.
- Provide clinical supervision and oversight to student interns
as directed or assigned by the Program or Division Director.
- Cover shifts as assigned.
- Participate in program development and CQI/QA projects.
- Participate in case supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD, MSW or Masters Degree in Psychology, Counseling,
Psychiatric Nursing other equivalent graduate clinical degree.
- LCSW, LICSW, LMHC preferred
- 2-3 years clinical experience preferred.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Excellent oral and presentation skills
- Leadership talent and ability to think quickly and determine
and implement clinical decisions
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of DSM IV
- Knowledge of community resources.
Keywords: Brien Center for Mental Health, Pittsfield , Crisis Clinicians - Acute Services/ESP, Other , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!