Company: Berkshire Healthcare
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Full-time, 30 hr benefited position. Monday-Thursday
The Hospice Spiritual Counselor is responsible for the provision
of spiritual care services to patients, families and caregivers,
either directly or through coordination of care with other
spiritual counselors and staff. The Hospice Spiritual Counselor is
a consultant to staff, volunteers and the community on the
spiritual aspects of terminal illness, dying and bereavement and on
the practices of major religious related issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients, families and
caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are
rendered in a timely manner and within standards.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients, families and
caregivers through plan of care.
- Serves as a liaison and support to community Chaplains and
- Maintains records of spiritual care services, utilization and
related activities for quality assurance, program development and
policies and procedures review and revision.
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication with
patients, families and caregivers.
- Point of Service documentation is an expectation of all
personnel who have direct patient/family contact for quality care,
accuracy, and communication standards. The Chaplain is expected to
appropriately document at Point of Service, have timely
synchronization of patient data & effectively communicate with the
Patient Care Team.
- Attends and is active member of interdisciplinary team (IDT)
- Provides consultation, education and support to the IDT on
- Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as
- Serves as a consultant to staff, volunteers and the community
0n the spiritual aspects of terminal illness, dying and bereavement
and on the practices of major religious related issues.
- Participates in memorial/remembrance events sponsored by
- Provide bereavement support for staff as needed.
- In cooperation with and as directed by the Bereavement
Coordinator, assessment and delivery of grief counseling needs and
services (one-to-one, groups and on-going follow-up) to ensure
timely and appropriate services are provided to
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience in health care
- Experience in a hospice care preferred.
- Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
- A graduate of an accredited seminary or school of theology.
Bachelor's Degree or master's degree in Divinity or equivalent
theological degree, or
- May be expressed in terms of formal educational equivalents of
CPE's. (Acquired through formal education, outside study, training
on jobs of lesser degree, or by any combination of these.)
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and
- Ability to comfort in an interfaith setting.
- Knowledge of and commitment of hospice philosophy of care.
- Ability to network with community clergy and
- Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and
Keywords: Berkshire Healthcare, Pittsfield , Spiritual Counselor, Other , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!