Material Handler (Pittsfield)
Company: AMTIS Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Material Handler will work in a warehouse, records storage
environment sorting, retrieving and filing records on behalf of our
customer, the National Archives and Records Administration
Pay Rate: $14.54
AMTIS offers a variety of benefits such as Vacation/Sick
Continuing Education Assistance.
- Ability to perform in a labor-intensive environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 30 to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to climb ladders to reach shelving up to 15 feet
- May be required to successfully complete a drug screen.
- Have the ability to pass a background check and receive a
government security clearance.
- Possess high school diploma or GED.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Locate containers or folders on shelving utilizing the location
information listed on pull list or other provided reports.
Containers/folders can be on floor or on shelving up to 15' high
requiring the use of a pulpit ladder.
- Remove containers from shelving, check for missing and/or
charged out containers, verify that the pull list is accurate, mark
pull list and report discrepancies where needed; initial and
deliver documentation to POC.
- Place containers or folders on streamliners in order, facing
the same direction and with identifying numbers visible.
- Move records to Designated Disposal Review Area.
- Palletize Containers for Disposable Records label, stack,
- Confirm space requirements, load and transport records to
assigned location, validate manifest and shelve non-disposable
records that are being relocated, verify accuracy and inform
Quality when inspection ready.
- Retrieve batched requests. Sign-out batches in appropriate
logbook, recording pertinent information relative to batch being
processed and record start time.
- Locate requested file/folder on reference request; search box,
confirm if request is for a single or a multi-volume file, pull
file(s), add pulled file marker, If file/document is not in
box/file, report that it is "Not-in-File" or report that it is
"Charged-Out." Audit folders and non-fulfilled references requests
upon batch completion. Sign in completed batches in the appropriate
logbook, recording time of completion. Clearly identify
file/folders and stage for auditing; sign-in completed batches in
the appropriate logbook, recording time of completion.
- Retrieve documents from containers, prepare documents for
scanning by removing fasteners and verify order. Verify hardware
settings, resolution, and covert paper to digital images, verify
image clarity by visual inspection, rescan problem images and
return documents to containers. Report issues to POC where
- Use handheld mobile to complete basic data entry in
spreadsheets, assist with box list creation, data verification and
record daily project totals.
- Work is primarily performed in a warehouse environment.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the
nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to
meet the needs of the customer.
AMTIS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: AMTIS Inc, Pittsfield , Material Handler (Pittsfield), Other , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!