Responsibilities for this Position
Lead Supervisor - LCS DIF
Job ID: 2021-48945
Required Clearance: Secret
Posted Date: 5/27/2021
Employment Type: Full Time
Hiring Company: General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's of Science degree or Technology degree, a related
specialized area or field is required, plus a minimum of 5 years of
relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years
of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required
within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be
subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due
to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S.
citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Put your engineering talent to the ultimate test. At General
Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the technologies, products and
services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and
first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so
advanced our teams often redefine what's possible for the world. If
you want to be a leader with the company that delivers smart
solutions for our nation's challenges, this is your
In our highly collaborative and global environment, you'll
analyze the effects of projects upon various areas such as
Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most
practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required
resources and participate in the tactical planning for completion
of identified project segment. Essentially, you'll perform research
and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout,
building, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing devices,
assemblies, subsystems, and systems as well as perform technical
activities which impact the proposal, system level design, detail
design and manufacture of advanced electronics systems.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's of Science or Technology degree, a related
specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum
of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a
minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one discipline/field and
developing working knowledge in adjacent disciplines/fields
- Proficient understanding and application of engineering
principles, concepts, practices, and standards
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and
revels in team success
Working successfully within the LCS team, the LCS DIF Lab Lead
will execute the program lab related milestones, integration and
test preparation, customer involved events, verification of system
assets throughout the engineering development lifecycle. This will
entail assisting in the following areas:
- Evaluation and generation of system configuration products by
applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and
- Development and implementation of lab policies and
- Development of lab utilization based on program schedule
- Ensure compliance to security, EHS and QA requirements
- Assisting on the tracking of material movement into and out of
- Support updates and assessments as needed for continued RMF
compliance to include review security controls and STIG
- Willingness to assume technical challenges that are new to the
business and work with engineering for planning and support from
SMEs as needed.
Representative Duties and Tasks:
- Assume responsibility as Team Lead for LCS Labs
- Supervision of Lab facility to ensure compliance with policies
and procedures associated with lab operations, Quality Assurance,
EHS, Configuration Management, Security and material
- Maintain inventory status of all government furnished and GDMS
owned equipment to include periodic inventory inspections.
- Provide oversight to support and monitor CM maintained ETS
software build configuration.
- Develop and implement periodic maintenance plans for lab
- Perform periodic maintenance and repair of lab computer systems
- Provide support (as needed) for troubleshooting and root cause
failure diagnostics on lab equipment.
- Perform Information System Security Officer functions for
Closed Areas and the Information Systems contained therein. As
such, ensure the implementation of RMF security controls and
- Support QA, CM and Defense Security Systems audits of annual
internal General Dynamics Mission Systems and internal and Federal
DSS Audits of classified systems.
- Security Plan maintenance as required to maintain and update
existing classified and unclassified system security plans. Work
with GDMS ISSM for creation and implementation of new system
security plans as needed.
- Maintain all classified and unclassified systems as required
for compliance with NISPOM, DAAPM & DFARS requirements.
- Work closely with Senior DPME, Program Management and
government points of contact to support success of special projects
and equipment installations and system testing.
- Work closely with Facilities management (FRE), IT, QA & EHS as
needed to support facility maintenance, IT compliance, QA audits
and assurance of a safe working environment.
- Assume responsibility as primary POC for LCS labs, establish
priorities based on daily assessment of business needs.
- Provide guidance to and establish priorities for LCS lab
support personnel, as needed.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse
portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that
enable customers to successfully execute missions across all
domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top
professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the
bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given
the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty,
alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits
and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared
sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment
where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and
what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented