Supported Living Opportunities
Company: UCP of Western Massachusetts, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Type: Full-Time/Part Time/Per Diem Opportunities and
Flexible Hours!Job Location: Can Work In Locations with Members
Convenient to You!Benefits- Hours Dependent- May Include Health
Insurance, Life and Disability and Paid Time Off, Retirement Plan
and More!Overview:As part of the UCP affiliate network, UCP of
Western Massachusetts offers a variety of community programs and
services for persons with disabilities and other similar service
needs, including Assistive Technology, Early Intervention,
Individual and Family Support, and Adult Family Care. UCP has two
offices in the Berkshires, located in Pittsfield and North Adams.
Learn more at http://ucpwma.org/Position Highlights:
- As a Supported Living team member, you will help give our
members with disabilities and other service needs the customized
support they need to live how and where they want. Members have
service plans that include therapeutic goals and objectives that
address individual needs. Your work will assist the individual in
participating more meaningfully in home and community life and may
- Assisting with grocery shopping, meal preparation, laundry,
cleaning, and/or household organization.
- Assisting with incidental personal care needs
- Making doctor's appointments and providing advocacy during
visits to sure their voice is heard by medical professionals.
- Spending time with the member in the community, pursuing the
member's interests and hobbies and engagement in the community in
which they live.
- You will provide weekly reports to the Supported Living
Navigator and are responsible to comply with all agency and
contractual policies and regulations.If you are interested in
Supported Living, we will discuss the various opportunities and
hone in on those which are the best fit for your interests, skills
and availability!We can also help you if you are interested in
participating in the MassHealth PCA program, hired directly by one
of our members.Qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Life or work experience with individuals with disabilities
- Ability to navigate crisis/emergency situations.
- Satisfactory CORI, SORI and National Fingerprint Check
- A negative Mantoux TB test or a clear chest x-ray
- Current annual physical
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
UCP of Western Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: UCP of Western Massachusetts, Inc., Pittsfield , Supported Living Opportunities, Other , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!