Company: Berkshire Health Systems
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- DEFINITION/PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
- The Unit Coordinator collaborates with the clinical team to
coordinate all aspects of patient care and transition out of the
hospital setting. The Unit Coordinator is responsible for
performing duties related to patient admission, transfer, and
discharge, communication with patients, guests and staff,
electronic health records maintenance, and other duties of a
clerical nature. A prime importance to this position is the ability
to maintain control and order under stressful conditions and
periods of high unit activity, while utilizing effective and
respectful communication with patients, families, and the health
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum qualifications are required
unless stated otherwise.)
- Minimum of one year secretarial experience or clinical
experience in a healthcare facility preferred.
- Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- License, Certification & Registration:
- Other Requirements:
- Strong computer skills is required and a familiarity with
Meditech is preferred.
- Medical terminology is preferred or willingness to pursue as
- Ability to consistently interact in a professional manner with
patients, families, physicians,
other members of the healthcare team, community offices and
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills
necessary to complete
complicated and multiple tasks accurately and concurrently.
- Must have ability to accept and facilitate changes within
systems, work methods, policies,
- Must possess interpersonal skills necessary to maintain
congenial and calm composure in
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance
with hospital policy and various
- Must possess ability to communicate clearly with patients and
staff, both in writing and
speech, with or without use of prosthesis.
- Bilingual skills consistent with patient population are
- Must possess the ability to promote patient safety with detail
- Assures compliance with unit-specific scope of practice in
accordance with job description.
- Other Addendum(s) Requirements:
Keywords: Berkshire Health Systems, Pittsfield , Unit Coordinator, Other , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...