Mgr I Test Engineering with Security Clearance
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Job Description: Raytheon IIS Field Engineering is seeking a Team
Lead to support the Test Engineering team for the Integrated
Support Facility (ISF) in Pittsfield, MA. This position will work
in a leadership role as part of the Test Engineering Team, and
participate in the day to day support activities of a depot level
repair facility. This position shall be expected and able to take
part in installation, check out, maintenance, repair, and
modification to Special Test Equipment (STE), such as the
following: electronic, hydraulic, commercial, custom, and
calibrated test equipment. Typical responsibilities may include,
but are not limited to the following:
* Leadership - Implementation of a strong leadership philosophy
that results in exceptional customer satisfaction as well as talent
development and retention for Raytheon personnel.
* Customer Interface - Liaison for daily customer interaction
across a multi-contractor organization operating under rigorous
requirements. Routine presentations to senior customer
* Inter-organization Coordination - Fosters collaboration and
teamwork across multiple functions, contractors, government
agencies, and customer sites to achieve program goals. The ability
to establish teaming relationships is key to success.
* Hiring Manager - Author/Reviewer for new requisitions for the
Test Engineering team, interface to HR and Talent Acquisition, and
lead interviewer. Primary for hiring, performance development, and
other personnel actions.
* Lead Continuous Improvement efforts for the Test Engineering
* Test, Evaluation, Troubleshooting, and Disposition of flight
hardware with a focus on electrical performance and fault
* Coordination of Installation, Qualification, and Maintenance of
automated test systems used to perform functional, calibration, and
* Extensive technical writing - test and maintenance procedures,
failure analysis, training materials, engineering change requests,
customer presentations, waivers and deviations.
* Training - must be able to absorb new technical material quickly
and then train others; tailoring the delivery to multiple tiers of
* Support for the development, build, or procurement of new
automated test equipment.
* Data handling, reduction, and analysis.
* Support for hardware and software development tasks.
* Technical support and oversight for test personnel operating in a
* Verification of hardware acceptance test results as well as
compliance to customer drawings, specifications, and
* Investigation and impact analysis for test equipment Out Of
* Performance metrics and trend analysis.
* Root Cause investigation and Corrective Action development.
Required Skills: * Minimum 4 years of engineering experience with
complex electro-mechanical or guidance-related systems.
* Must be detail oriented, organized, and conscientious.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to interface with persons of multiple disciplines and job
functions, including software engineers, electrical engineers,
mechanical engineers, program managers, production personnel, and
outside vendors. Desired Skills: * Experience in a DoD-related
* Familiarity with engineering processes that relate to
manufacturing, design, and support.
* Hands-on maintenance and test experience.
* Ability to manage projects; schedules, budgets, and
* Knowledge of LabVIEW and MATLAB software.
* Experience in calibration of test and measurement equipment.
* Strong presentation skills that are readily tailored to audiences
at any level; from production personnel to senior
* Strong familiarity with Root Cause and Corrective Action tools
and methods Required Education (including Major): * Bachelors of
Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related technical
* Industry or military/defense experience and/or formal technical
training may be substituted for a degree.Other Requirements
* SECRET - Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance within one
* Existing Clearance Preferred. This position requires either a
U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any
required Export Authorization. 151452
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status. Last Modified: 11/5/2019 7:18:24 PM
Cateogry: Professional Jobs Business Unit: Intelligence,
Information and Services Job Type: Full Time Job Industry:
Engineering Technology, General Engineering
Keywords: Raytheon, Pittsfield , Mgr I Test Engineering with Security Clearance, Other , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!