Senior Principal Systems Engineer with Security Clearance
Company: Moseley Technical Services, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2019
Check out this new opportunity! Senior Principal Systems Engineer
Job ID # 2019-10201 Contract Opportunity Location: Pittsfield, MA
Industry: Defense Clearance Requirement: Secret Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree Minimum Experience: 10 years What You'll Do: *
Lead requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements
management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system
design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test
(verification), validation and interface definition studies of
system, subsystem or system elements with little or no
* Lead technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and
supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system
* Lead customer requirements analysis, develop system requirements
and define allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and
* Lead detailed technical analyses for a system, subsystem or
system elements to include: concept, requirements, design,
fabrication, integration, test, acceptance, delivery, installation,
training, operation, maintenance and disposal.
* Contribute to detailed technical analyses at the System of System
* Lead evaluations of systems, networks and information systems to
ensure designs meet applicable governmental security
* May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and
test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g.,
identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and
auditing) of the system are considered and function properly.
* May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded
* Synthesize solutions to meet customer expectations and technical
performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints.
* Lead Modeling and Simulation activities.
* Research and analyze data, such as vendor products, COTS
components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine
feasibility of design or application.
* Effectively chooses the appropriate standards, processes,
procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
to support the generation of technical engineering products.
* Perform or lead the development of technical strategies and
teaming strategies on multiple projects.
* Contribute to Product Family/Product Lines.
* Supervise or manage lower level employees.
* Lead technical tasks for large teams or projects.
* Lead small technical proposals and contributes to medium sized
* May be a book boss on a medium proposal.
* Lead the generation of medium to large subcontract Statement of
* Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical
objectives of assignments.
* Guide the successful completion of major programs and
* Work on advanced architectures that may result in new business
for the company.
* Conceive system interfaces and business application
* Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced
* Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications,
input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software
* Design a complete and complex framework, system or product.
* Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and
evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Have broad expertise or unique knowledge, use skills to
contribute to development of company objectives and principles and
to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
* Identify, analyze and resolve system design weaknesses.
* Frequent contact with all levels across the entire company
* Serve as consultant to management and customers on projects and
* May serve as company technical spokesperson.
* Work under consultative direction on predetermined long range
* Assignments may be self-initiated.
* Works on unusually complex problems and provides creative and
* May function in a Deputy Program Manager Engineering (DPME)
* Keep abreast of technology trends and communicates these trends
to other. What You'll Need: * This is a part-time position. *
Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance is required at time
* Travel may be required.
* Demonstrated use, understanding and tailoring of systems
engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
* Frequently contributes to the development of innovative
principles and ideas.
* Major contributor to the achievement of business objectives.
* Demonstrated proficiency with requirements management, system
design & system modeling tools.
* Recognizes various architectural patterns, applies them
appropriately, understands strengths/weaknesses within those
architectures and develops architectural variations as
* Familiar with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills.
* Creative thinker.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Demonstrated skills in communicating issues, impacts, and
* Demonstrated ability to clearly report information relevant to
sound systems engineering design.
* Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply project
leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account
Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order,
or government contract. Education & Experience: * Bachelor's Degree
in Systems Engineering, a related specialized area or field is
required (or equivalent experience) combined with a minimum of 10
years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree plus a minimum of
8 years of relevant experience. * Agile experience preferred. What
to Expect: * Applicants selected for employment will be required to
pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation
which may include education, criminal and work history
* Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for
benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K.
Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of
organizations with low turnover. Moseley Technical Services, Inc.
is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Resources For questions
about benefits visit: http://www.moseleytechnical.com/job-seekers/
For more information about Moseley visit:
Keywords: Moseley Technical Services, Inc., Pittsfield , Senior Principal Systems Engineer with Security Clearance, Other , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!