Company: Premium Waters Inc
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Job Title: Maintenance Technician Department: Maintenance
Reports To: Technical Manager Prepared By: Human Resources Prepared
Date: October 4, 2013 Reviewed Date: 8/31/16 SUMMARY Leads,
coordinates and performs activities required in setting up,
installing, repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining
machinery/equipment and in maintaining physical structure of
establishment by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be
- Leads and enforces safety regulations by demonstrated knowledge
- Leads and enforces GMP compliance by demonstrated knowledge and
- Utilizes good interpersonal skills and maintains excellent
- Actively participates in Team Meetings, Production meetings,
Project meetings and confers with other Leads, Supervisors, and
Managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Modifies & troubleshoots programming of PLC's on process and
- Assists and coaches workers in diagnosing malfunctions in
machinery and equipment.
- Utilizes Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel in report writing
and data analysis.
- Maintains plant PC network and acts as liaison with Corporate
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work
- Directs and performs electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and
pneumatic maintenance work in repair, dismantling, assembling, and
installing and maintaining industrial machinery and equipment.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or
failure of operational equipment and perform preventive and
- Requisitions and keeps supply of spare parts utilizing
DataStream MP2 software.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect
malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with
operator or other technicians to diagnose problem or repair
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to
workers and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Performs activities of workers that are directed or lead.
- Meets food safety and quality objectives and the requirements
of the SQF System
- Other duties as assigned
- In the absence of this employee, responsibilities will be
covered by the direct manager or qualified appointee QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION Ten years experience in bottling or
food manufacturing; or equivalent combination of technical school
and experience. LANGUAGES SKILLS Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups of managers,
employees, and customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with
mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical
inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to collect data, define problems
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required
to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. WORK
ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of
electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Work requires the ability to work off shifts and
weekends as required. There are certain areas of the plant that
have pace-maker restrictions.
Keywords: Premium Waters Inc, Pittsfield , Electrical/PLC Resource, Professions , Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!